Asparagus season is finally here, and it’s the perfect time to try some gourmet recipes that highlight this tender, delicious vegetable.
This Roasted Asparagus with Lemon-Ricotta Sauce recipe offers a delightful combination of flavors and textures, making it a classy and impressive dish to serve at your next dinner party or special occasion.
The zesty lemon-ricotta sauce perfectly complements the earthy, roasted asparagus and elevates it to a whole new level of culinary bliss.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Spread the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast the asparagus in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
- While the asparagus is roasting, prepare the lemon-ricotta sauce. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon zest and juice, fresh dill, and honey. Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. Drizzle the lemon-ricotta sauce over the top, and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks:
- Choose asparagus spears that are firm and bright green, with tightly closed tips.
- For an extra touch of flavor, sprinkle the roasted asparagus with some grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
|Amount per Serving
- For a vegan option, replace the ricotta cheese with a dairy-free alternative.
- If you don’t have fresh dill on hand, you can substitute it with fresh parsley or chives.
Wine or Beverage Pairings:
A crisp, refreshing white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio would pair beautifully with this dish. Alternatively, a light and citrusy beer like a Belgian Witbier would also complement the flavors of the asparagus and lemon-ricotta sauce.